What is an emergency grant?
Staffordshire County Council have set up a limited £500,000 businesses fund, to support micro-businesses through this difficult time.
This grant fund is targeted at small, micro and one person businesses that are not eligible for the grants and rate relief packages offered by the government.
- A total of £500,000 is available, with the maximum grant being £1,000.
- The grants will be awarded on a first-come-first-served basis for eligible applicants.
- Businesses will need to demonstrate what they need the grant for and what difficulties they are facing during Covid-19 lockdown period.
Is my business eligible for the emergency grant?
If you answer yes, to all of the below questions, you could be eligible for the grant:
- Is your business based in Staffordshire (but not in Stoke-on-Trent) ? You can check the postcode of where your business is registered to see if Staffordshire County Council are your local council.
- Do you employee less than 10 employees?
- Is your annual turnover less than £2m?
- Do you have a business bank account?
- Have you applied but are unable to claim any other local or national business support? View out the government support for businesses
What information will I need to provide?
- Latest business accounts/profit/loss statement
- Current bank statement
- Outstanding invoices
Please note that wages cannot be claimed as part of this scheme, because self-employed earnings and the pay of furloughed employees are both covered by Government schemes.
Operational costs related to your business will be considered and could be eligible for grant support.
How do I apply?
If you think your business is eligible, you can apply by calling one of our Business Advisors on 0300 111 8002 or emailing email@example.com.
Our Business Advisors will take you through a series of questions to assess your eligibility. If you do not qualify, they will point you in the direction of other schemes and initiatives that your business can apply for.
If you are eligible for the grant, our Business Advisors will process your application and you should receive the funds within 14 days.
Finally, even though your business may not qualify please share this link with other businesses you are aware of who may benefit.