Stafford Borough Council
Stafford Borough is the largest district by area in Staffordshire, covering an area of over 230 square miles and is a predominantly rural district with the County Town of Stafford and the canal town of Stone as its key urban centres. The Borough’s location ensures it benefits from excellent north-south transport links facilitated by three M6 motorway junctions as well as a West Coast mainline railway station providing links nationwide.
The Borough has operating costs at an estimated 20% lower than London and the South East and low property costs. There is a skilled workforce and a huge variety of business parks and industrial estates, from prestigious large-scale developments to small rural sites.
The Borough is growing, with £2 billion of current or planned investment, three thousand jobs created, around a 1,000 new homes being built each year, expanding business parks accommodating blue chip companies such as General Electric and Jaguar Land Rover and over £100 million recent retail investment in Stafford Town Centre.
This growth is already continuing with:
- £10 million Council funded leisure scheme for Stone
- £2.5 million restoration of the award winning Victoria Park in Stafford
- £83 million investment in Meaford Business Park, and
- Ambitious proposals through HS2 investment to investment £500 million in Stafford Station Gateway to create new homes, businesses and leisure and potentially a new Garden settlement south of Swynnerton.
The Council’s Economic Development Team is here to support you with:
- Business support and advice
- Access to funding programmes
- Assistance with planning inquiries
- Help to find sites and premises
- Town Centre support, information and inquiries
- Business data and intelligence
- Access to licensing and regulatory services